More Fabulous Fun Facts You Probably Never Knew About Cats…But Now Do!
Posted on September 26, 2014 by joyofliving No comments
Party Marty here! TGIF! Friday is just another word for nap day for me, and I love it! Here’s hoping you are ready to jump start the weekend, and if you are destined to get up, get out and get going and will be making the social rounds this weekend, here are some interesting facts about cats that will make any cocktail hour dialogue riveting and engaging! Trust me…after one martini, you will sound like an expert…in what, I have no clue, but you will sound amazing!
So, let’s roll out the red carpet for this astounding facts about cats…and for the record, as an amazing cat myself, I do believe everything I read on the internet!
Courtesy of buzzfeed.com, here you go…
- Adult cats only meow to communicate with humans.
- The world’s richest cat is worth $13 million. Yeah! His owner relocated to the other side and left her fortune entirely to him.
- Do cats recognize your voice? Of course, but, much like a teenager, why should we respond? We’re too cool to care!
- The technical term for “hairball” is “bezoar.” (And I though it was “nasty!”)
- Female cats are usually right-pawed while their male counterparts are typically left-pawed.
- Cats can make more than 100 different sounds. As for dogs, well, they can’t even reach a baker’s dozen on that one!
- A cat’s brain is about 90% similar to a human brain…way more than a dog’s brain! In fact, we have nearly identical sections of the brain that control emotion.
- Cats are better than iPads when it comes to data storage…about 1,000 times more! We also have a longer-term memory than dogs.
- When Abe Lincoln ran the country, he kept four cats in the White House. In fact, his wife noted that Lincoln’s primary hobby was cats!
- Guess who invented the cat door? Sir Isaac Newton!
- A cat can jump up to six times its length and a house cat is faster than Usain Bolt. (Don’t know him? Google it!)
- When a cat leaves its poop uncovered, you better sleep with one eye open, as that is a sure sing of aggression, indicating it has no fear of you. When dogs leave their poop uncovered? Well, they are just being dogs!
I could spend all day reiterating these fun facts, but we don’t want to shame the dogs too much here! It is Friday, however, which I have come to deem as my day! So, I will spend it as I please…which, for now, means shutting of my computer and finding a comfy place to nap. Later!