Immediate Steps to Take Should Your Pet Become Lost!
Party Marty here! Another fabulous Friday is upon us…my favorite day of the week…and it should be yours, too, as you get to spend a part of it with this fabulous feline!! I am actually full of energy and pep today. I may even skip my afternoon nap! But I suppose if I did that you all would think I have lost my mind! Not the case! However, what if something else was lost…like your pet? How would you respond? Where would you turn? What would you do?
While we don’t like to think about it, it can happen, so there are ways you can endeavor to find your pet should he/she ever become lost.
Thanks to the Animal Advocates of North Texas, here are a few handy dandy tips to keep in mind should your pet ever become lost. It’s important to act quickly, and hopefully your pet is micro chipped, as that is a very critical thing to do.
- As soon as you realize your pet is missing, search the immediate area.
- Alert your neighbors and ask them to be on the lookout.
- Make and post fliers around the area with a photo of your pet, along with your contact information and the date the pet was lost.
- Notify your veterinarian.
- Call or visit local animal shelters and provide staff members with a flier.
- Check the local pet hospitals.
- Ask your neighborhood association to send out a mass e-mail.
- Check the classified sections of PetFinder and Craigslist.
Of course, we hope we never have to do this type of thing, but it helps to be prepared in the event something like this happens to you. If I ever go missing, my human knows that I have probably just fallen asleep somewhere in the house. I am way too smart to wander off too far from the food and water bowls! For me, there is no place like home!