Fun Facts About Exotic Pets! (Because It’s Fun Facts Friday!)
Party Marty here! It’s Friday! Happiest day of the week! I am ready to rock out…or, at the very least, take a nap. Guess it’s just like any other day around here for me! At any rate, I am here to dish on some fun facts about exotic pets. Sometimes talking about cats and dogs can get mundane. Well, talking about dogs can, but we can chat about cats all day long and never get bored! However….in deference to “Let’s do things differently Friday,” a day I just established, right now in this moment, I have a few tidbits for you to share around the water cooler today…or around the dog bowl…whichever you prefer:
- Did you know that in order for a bird to survive it must eat half its weight in food each day? So, what does it really mean when someone says, “You eat like a bird?” Yeah…if you weigh 140 pounds you must be chowing down on 70 pounds of food each day. I am re-thinking that phrase now!
- Many hamsters only blink one eye at a time! (Wait…isn’t that known as winking in some circles?)
- A garter snake can give birth to 85 babies. (Please don’t say this is all at once!)
- A goldfish can live up to 40 years. (Uh, correction….not when I am around!)
- Ferrets are the third most popular pet in the US to day. There are roughly eight to 10 million ferrets in the US being kept as pets right now.
- Iguanas can hold their breath for up to 30 minutes.
- I can make dinner, do laundry and clean the house. (Don’t hold your breath on any of those things…unless you are an iguana!)
Thanks to petinsurance.com for this fun information! Now…I am off to make the most of my Friday!