Earth Day Tips For Pets
It’s Earth Day, and we’d like to share some tips on ways you and your pet can help keep the world a greener and healthier place. Check out these suggestions:
- Doing some spring cleaning? Instead of tossing out those old blankets, towels, pet toys, leashes, litter boxes, and/or pet bedding supplies, contact a local pet shelter and see if they could use some donations.
- Opt for filtered water instead of bottled water for your pets. If you must use bottled water, please be sure to recycle the bottles!
- When picking up those little “doggie treasures” in the backyard, consider using biodegradable bags.
- Time for Rover to get a bath? Purchase some earth-friendly pet shampoos and other products! Mother Nature will love you for it!
- Make your own cleaning products. Opt for baking soda as a carpet cleaner rather than buying commercial carpet cleaning powder. It’s cheaper and pet friendly too! For an economical all-purpose cleaner, put equal parts white vinegar and water in a spray bottle and shake. Economical, no harmful chemicals and pet-friendly!
If you have any fun and amazing “green” pet tips to share with us, please let us know! For more tips on living more eco-consicious with your pet, check out Pets Gone Green: Live a More Eco-Concious Life with Your Pets available from Amazon.