Unusual Animal Trivia
We usually write about cats and dogs, but other animals are interesting too. Here’s some Friday animal trivia for you!
Did you know:
- Horses communicate their moods by facial expressions. They use their eyes, nose and nostrils to show their mood
- Aquarium fish are the most popular pet in America. There are 12 million households that own more than 158 million fish.
- Ferrets can catch colds and flu from humans.
- Most elephant communication is infrasonic, we can’t hear it.
- Students that own fish score the highest on the Math and verbal SAT, over non-pet owners.
- A goldfish that’s well cared for can live up to 70 years
- The frog’s biggest enemy is pollution.
- The only continent without reptiles or snakes is Antarctica.
- There are no turkeys in Turkey.
- A goldfish’s memory is about three seconds.
- Snails can sleep up to three years without eating.
- A duck’s quack does not echo.
- An ostrich’s eye is larger than its brain.
- Cockroaches can live up to nine days without their head before starving to death.
- Iguanas can stay underwater up to 28 minutes.
- Emus can run up to 40 mph, but can’t fly.