Unusual Animal Trivia
Posted on May 6, 2016 by Joy of Living No comments
We usually write about cats and dogs, but other animals are interesting too. Here’s some Friday animal trivia for you!
Did you know:
- Horses communicate their moods by facial expressions. They use their eyes, nose and nostrils to show their mood
- Aquarium fish are the most popular pet in America. There are 12 million households that own more than 158 million fish.
- Ferrets can catch colds and flu from humans.
- Most elephant communication is infrasonic, we can’t hear it.
- Students that own fish score the highest on the Math and verbal SAT, over non-pet owners.
- A goldfish that’s well cared for can live up to 70 years
- The frog’s biggest enemy is pollution.
- The only continent without reptiles or snakes is Antarctica.
- There are no turkeys in Turkey.
- A goldfish’s memory is about three seconds.
- Snails can sleep up to three years without eating.
- A duck’s quack does not echo.
- An ostrich’s eye is larger than its brain.
- Cockroaches can live up to nine days without their head before starving to death.
- Iguanas can stay underwater up to 28 minutes.
- Emus can run up to 40 mph, but can’t fly.
Facts from g-kexoticfarms.com and hubpages.com