Travel Safety Tips as You Prepare to Hit the Road with Your Lovable Pet in Tow this Holiday Weekend
The Spirit of Bo, returning to wish all of you a safe and blessed Memorial Day weekend. If you are traveling on the open road with your pet, here are a few tips and facts to keep in mind:
- Make sure your pet is secured in your vehicle. A 60-pound pet can become a 3,000 pound projectile at just 35 mph.
- Since 2005, pet travel has increased 300%!
- Unrestrained pets in the car can greatly distract the driver, resulting in increased risk of an accident.
- Unrestrained pets can significantly delay emergency workers’ access to human occupants when involved in an accident.
- In an accident, unrestrained pets can pose many dangers, including catching the loose pet. Further, pets may escape through a window or open door, causing a second accident.
- If a pet is injured in a car accident, emergency workers may risk being bitten by them.
Thanks to dogtime.com for this helpful information.