Travel Safety Tips as You Prepare to Hit the Road with Your Lovable Pet in Tow this Holiday Weekend
Posted on May 24, 2013 by Joy of Living No comments
The Spirit of Bo, returning to wish all of you a safe and blessed Memorial Day weekend. If you are traveling on the open road with your pet, here are a few tips and facts to keep in mind:
- Make sure your pet is secured in your vehicle. A 60-pound pet can become a 3,000 pound projectile at just 35 mph.
- Since 2005, pet travel has increased 300%!
- Unrestrained pets in the car can greatly distract the driver, resulting in increased risk of an accident.
- Unrestrained pets can significantly delay emergency workers’ access to human occupants when involved in an accident.
- In an accident, unrestrained pets can pose many dangers, including catching the loose pet. Further, pets may escape through a window or open door, causing a second accident.
- If a pet is injured in a car accident, emergency workers may risk being bitten by them.
Thanks to dogtime.com for this helpful information.