On Valentine’s Day, Your Pet Deserves Some Love, Too!
Jessie, the lovable dog with so much love to share! It is almost Valentine’s Day, and it is not just the day of amore for humans! Dogs love the affection, too! If you want to show your dog how much you love him or her, here are a few easy things to do. (Remember! No chocolates or flowers for us! Too dangerous!)
- Take your dog outdoors for fresh air and exercise. Just like you, he needs to move around and get the blood pumping.
- Pet your dog. Give him a good scratch behind the ears or on the neck and tummy. Doggie massage, or doggie-sage as I like to call it, is a great way to show us how much you love us!
- Hug your dog. Most dogs love this and take it as a sign of affection. C’mon…bring it in….big hug!
- Reward your dog! Did someone say “treat?” Be sure the treats are healthy, however!
- Talk to your dog. Make him part of the conversation. He will listen for as long as you like, no matter what you have to say. He won’t argue, fuss, or tell you to stop talking about your day at work.
- Give your dog a comfortable place of his own. Your dog should have his own sleeping and resting area and one that does not have to be shared. It should be his private and personal area.
Thanks to wikihow.com for sharing the love!