Making Sure Your Pets Have A Safe and Happy Holiday
The holidays are a wonderful time of year, but it’s important to keep your pet’s safety in mind. Here are some safety tips to ensure your pets enjoy a safe and happy holiday season:
- Many cats enjoy batting ornaments that are hanging on the tree. If your feline is one of them, don’t hang breakable ornaments within your cat’s reach.
- Watch out for candles. Dogs and cats can be curious and get too close to the flame or knock the candle over, so be sure candles are out of your pet’s reach.
- This time of year there are many snacks around that can be hazardous if ingested by your pet, so as spelled out above, don’t leave snacks like chocolate anywhere your pet can reach them.
- Electrical cords can be fun for cats or dogs to chew on, so be sure to cover electrical cords to prevent your pet from chewing on them.
- Tinsel can be another fun toy, especially for cats, but can be very hazardous if eaten, so be sure your pets aren’t able to get to them.
- This can be a very hectic time of year with many visitors coming and going, and this change in routine be can very stressful for your pets. If your pet is particularly shy, be sure he has a quiet room to go to for a break from the action.
- Be sure visitors are aware of rules regarding outside time for your pets. With many people in and out, pets can sneak out quickly, so don’t leave doors open to make it tempting for a pet escape.