Laying Down Some “Serious” Laws for Dogs!
Posted on June 4, 2013 by Joy of Living No comments
Jessie, ruler of the house and canine extraordinaire, who is, in her mind, above all laws, rules and regulations: Hey! Happy Tuesday! Just one day closer to the weekend! I was surfing the web last night trying to find any information that would make that darn cat Marty subservient to me legally. After all, I am the alpha pet around here! I was distracted ever so briefly when I came across the dogwatch.com web site which highlighted a few, shall we say, interesting laws for dogs to obey. Whichever Congress put these into affect probably never owned a dog. These are funny!
- It is against the law for dogs and cats to fight in North Carolina. (Not to self: Make sure our human does not relocate to NC! Both Marty and I would be doing life by now!)
- In Oklahoma, you can be charged with illegal activity if you make strange faces at a dog. (Seriously? What if Marty looked at a dog? Have you seen his face? It always looks strange!)
- In that same state, dogs must have a signed permit – by the mayor, no less – in order to gather in groups of three or more on private property. (No backyard barbeques with my friends there!)
- In New Castle, Delaware, there is a law on the books that bans couples from public displays of affection while walking a dog on a leash. (This also includes holding hands!)
- In Hartford, Connecticut, it is illegal to educate dogs. (Still scratching my head on this one. Does that mean you cannot even train them to do things….or are they just banned from, say, getting a Master’s degree or something like that?)
- And this one is truly unbelievable….for a 20-year period of time in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio, all animals (including dogs!) were prohibited from producing solid waste! (What the heck? This takes “holding it in” to a whole new level! Fortunately, this law was repealed in 2002.)