Does Cat Urine REALLY Glow Under a Black Light? Only Bo Knows for Sure!
The Spirit of Bo, returning to reflect on the wonder and beauty of cats: It is always fun to learn interesting facts and tid bits about cats. Such wonderful and uniquely strange are these creatures all at the same time. Ponder the following, as discovered on home.comcast.net:
- Cats must have fat in their diets as they are unable to produce it on their own.
- Cats with a long and lean physique tend to be more outgoing than their stockier counterparts, which are typically more protective and vocal.
- Cats can lose almost as much fluid in their saliva while grooming themselves as they do urinating!
- Cats can spend nearly 30% of their lives just grooming themselves. (And you thought women were bad about this!)
- A cat’s brain is more similar to the brain of a man than that of a dog. (I will reserve comment on this one as I can only imagine what some of you are already thinking if you are of the female persuasion!)
- The two most popular names given to cats are “Tiger” and “Samantha.”
- Cats respond most readily to names that end with the “ee” sound. (Guess I should have changed my name to Bowie!)
- When cats drink, they lap up the liquid from the underside of their tongue and not from the top of it!
- Cat urine glows under a black light. (I will wait here while you check it out and see for yourself!)