6 Dog-Friendly Vacation Destinations
Vacation season is officially here! If you’d like to plan a vacation that will be fun for you and your dog, check out these options:
- Yosemite National Park. Yosemite Valley has more than 2 miles of paved trails with lots of great scenic opportunities.
- Washington D.C. The National Mall, Rock Creek Park and Mount Vernon all offer ample area for walking.
- Durango, Colorado. There are thousands of miles of hiking trails in this area. Your dog can go swimming at the Durango Dog Park. About 20 miles north of Durango, Vallecito Lake, one of the state’s largest lakes, has about 12 miles of shoreline to enjoy with your dog.
- Gettysburg, PA. This historic locale welcomes dogs at the Gettysburg National Military Park. Dogs are also welcome to go on the evening ghost tours.
- The Hamptons, NY. Although most ocean beaches restrict pet access during the peak hours of 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. dogs can go for a dip early in the morning or in the evening. Some bay beaches have relaxed pet regulations, so check with the locals to get the lowdown.
- Wisconsin Dells, WI. Dogs can go on the Dells Boat Tours, where you’ll see the area’s sandstone cliffs. One cliff, Stand Rock, is where trained dogs jump between the ledge and the cliff!
All of the destinations above also have a good selection of pet friendly lodging and dining options.
Are you planning to take your dog with you on vacation this year?