Fun and Totally Random Facts About Cats!
Party Marty here! I am one cool cat, not just because of the current change in the weather, but because I am who I am! I was surfing the internet the other day and came across some interesting tid bits about cats. Yes, we are pretty amazing creatures! Read on…and Happy Friday!
- Your cat cannot taste things that are sweet. Our taste buds cannot detect sugar. (Although we are awfully sweet ourselves!)
- Kitty litter was originally made from sand. In 1948, however, it was discovered that clay was more absorbent.
- Isaac Newton invented the cat flap door.
- Cats can see in the dark. (As such, please refrain from buying night vision goggles for us. Totally unnecessary!)
- Abe Lincoln and Robert E. Lee supposedly loved cats. Dwight D. Eisenhower, however, did not. Rumor has it that Lincoln kept four cats in the White House.
- Your cat purrs at the same frequency as an idling diesel engine. (Pretty cool, huh?)
- Your cat can run up to speeds of 30 mph! (Faster if someone like that darned dog Jessie is chasing you!)
- Cats use their whiskers to determine if they can fit through a space.
Well, time is a-wasting! I have work to do. There are naps to take; treats to eat; and dogs to tease. Catch you later! Thanks to theoatmeal.com for this fun information!