Think Black When Adopting A Cat
Posted on June 18, 2011 by Joy of Living No comments
With June being Adopt A Cat Month special focus is placed on finding homes for homeless cats. Black cats have an especially difficult time finding forever homes, they’re good kitty citizens so why do they have such a tough time?
An article in the June issue of Cat Fancy gives these insights:
- They’re hard to photograph
- Some people are afraid of them
- The word hasn’t gotten out about how great they are
- They’re hard to see at adoption events
- The superstition about black cats being bad luck
I have several black cats as clients, and they’re all sweeties! If you’re thinking about adopting a cat, please consider a black one, you’ll be glad you did!