This Cat Trivia Does Not Make Cats Trivial!
Jessie, the dog who has chosen to stay inside today, as the snow is falling, yet it is supposed to be sunny and 60 by tomorrow: I enjoyed a nice, relaxing weekend, laying in the sun on Saturday and catching up on my sleep on Sunday, as we had to set our clocks ahead by an hour. I can’t lose a precious hour of beauty sleep, you know…especially since I am now in the spotlight all of the time! I did have a chance to rustle up some fun cat trivia over the weekend. I was thinking about our beloved Bo and how much we miss him, so I decided to honor him with these trivial facts. (Hey! We had a love-hate relationship. Putting his name in the same sentence with the word “trivial” is merely an expression of my affections for him!)
Did you know?????
- All cats are born with blue eyes.
- Cats can donate blood to other cats.
- Americans spend nearly $54 billion a year on their cats.
- After being handled by a human, cats will lick their fur to get rid of that human smell and to calm themselves.
- Cats have an extraordinary homing ability using their biological clocks, the angle of the sun, and the Earth’s magnetic field.
- Cats purr at about 26 cycles per second, which is the same frequency as an idling diesel engine.
- A group of cats is called a clowder. A group of kittens is called a kindle. (So…what’s up with this e-book reader called “Kindle?” Must be a purrrr-fect thing to have!)
- A 15-year-old cat has probably slept about 10 of those 15 years. Wow!
Well, that just wore me out. I’m going to go settle down in the living room and watch the snow fall outside the window. Here’s to you, Bo! Miss you bunches! You were so much fun to tease!
(Thanks to pets90210.com for these fun facts!)