Pet Owners Can iPhone It In
Do you count yourself among the ranks of iPhone owners? If so, there are many apps being developed for pet owners. Here are a few of those available now:
- MiPets-$1.99. This app provides a way to track vet appointments, microchip numbers, medication and food information for an unlimited number of pets. Once the information is loaded, you can email the file to your pet care provider.
- Petfinder.com-Free. Many of us are familiar with this site. Once you’ve found your next pet on the site, share the listing via Facebook, Twitter or email.
- Pet Safe-$2.99. This app contains a searchable database of plants harmful to pets, compiled by toxicologists at the ASPCA. Toxicity symptoms are provided and there is a direct link to the Animal Poison Control Center hotline. A portion of the proceeds from purchases of this app goes to the ASPCA.
- PetSnap-$1.99. Have problem getting a good picture of your dog? This app provides 32 different sounds to catch your dog’s attention. Once you’ve gotten that great shot you can add a picture frame and send it to friends.
- PawTrotter-$2.99. This app uses the iPhone’s GPS to find pet-friendly businesses near you based on your location.