How to Honor Your Pet’s Memory
Jessie, the sympathetic dog: It is truly a sad time in life when a pet dies. It can most certainly leave a hole in your heart and a void in your life. However, there are many loving ways to honor and remember your pet’s life, and here are a few suggestions. Please ignore that darn cat, Bo, and his obnoxious suggestions, as those will only be self-serving in the end, and he believes that when his number is called, a grand monument should be erected in his name.
To honor and remember your pet, consider doing one of the following:
- Add an inscription to the gravestone.
- Find a special urn for your pet’s ashes.
- Plant a tree, a bush, or a flower bed as a living memorial.
Bo: Develop a brand of kitty treats in his name!
- Frame of a photo of your pet and put it in a special place.
Bo: Develop a line of pet products named after your pet!
- Create a scrapbook or collage with photos and other reminders of your pet
Bo: Rent a plane and sky write your pet’s name across the horizon.
- Offer a memorial scholarship at a local veterinary school.
Bo: Produce a movie in honor of your pet. Think: “Marley and Me,” only “Bo and Me!”
There are so many ways to remember and honor your pet, but always know that within your heart, he or she will forever have a home.
(Thanks to petfinder.com for its awesome suggestions. No thanks to Bo, however!)